Friday, September 12, 2008

Being an Intern

So, this week I started my dietetic internship. I am starting in my community rotation, and my first one was at Meals on Wheels and more. It was so good. That company was so amazing and I am proud to have been apart of it for just a short time. This rotation was really short. It was only a week long :( wish it was longer. So, I got to write some nutrition education handouts for the clients, look up legislation, sustainable foods, hand out the food to the volunteers, got to deliver meals, and go to a meeting for TKHA (I think) it is basically people from all around Texas in different areas of expertise talking about the legislation and actions being taken for children to learn about nutrition. It was really cool to see things happening and what all can be done. Anyways.. it sum it up I loved it. I have learned so much so far and it was only my first week. I am still a little apprehensive of my grad school classes... hope I am smart enough haha.... Monday will be the test of it!! Well usually I would still be at my rotation but Ike has changed that. The office closed at 1:30 to prepare for everything. There are at least 3000 evacuees that came to Austin so they have a lot to deal with. San Marcos is supposed to get high winds and rain with the possibilities of tornadoes. I really hope not! So, everyone just be praying for everyone that is going to be affected by the hurricane and Amy if you are reading this I really hope you don't die! :) jk but please make sure that you keep me up to date how you and Geoff are and the weather in Houston! I have so much more to say but that is all for now! I am tired.. being a big girl is hard! haha

No comments: