Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hello... Adult Life

Today I had my first orientation for Grad school. I decided that I was going to be really prepared since I moved to San Marcos and be more organized. So, I decided to leave 20 minutes early to get to campus park, and walk to the building I had my first meeting at.. (just to let you know I live 2 minutes from campus) First I get lost trying to find the parking garage that we are supposed to park in and then I don't go the right way and I end up going to the exit, where I tried to just get out and then go back in but it wouldn't work so I had to push the button for assistance.. and again while I am doing this cars are lining up behind me. The lady tells me to back up and put on my flashers so that people will move. So, everyone already thinks I am weird because I am living in San Marcos with Texas Tech all over my car and New Mexico license plates.. So this little incident did not help my case. Well I finally got back into the garage and found a parking spot. I had about 5 minutes to get there on time and I walk not knowing where I was and walked in the complete opposite side of the building I needed. So, in the end I was 10 minutes late and completely sweaty by the time I finally got there. Haha what a good first impression I made. But besides these little incidents the orientation was good. I met two of the girls that I am going to be in the internship with. I think that this is going to be a really good experience, I just hope that I am smart enough for it :) Hopefully I will stop doing these things over and over again and start actually being prepared and on time ha!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

love your blog my dear! can't wait to join the "blogging" world!! miss you tons! have a great weekend w/ laura and last weekend of being a kid!! love you!